How to make an Expressions Cake
FMM Equipment you will need:
- FMM Expressions Tappit
- FMM Hearts Cutter (set of 4)
- FMM Art Deco Letters & Numbers
- Upper Case Tappit
- FMM Geometric Set
- FMM Dab-a-Dust
- FMM Knife and Scriber Tool
Other Equipment you will need:
- Non – Stick Mat & Non Stick Rolling Pin
- Red, Blue Yellow, Black & White Modelling Paste
- 1 Tier Cake Covered in white Fondant
- Cake board covered in yellow fondant
- 1 4” polystyrene ball covered in yellow fondant
- 1 Lolly Stick, Edible Glue
- Water & Paint Brush
HINTS & TIPS:
- Always read the project sheet in full before starting your cake!
- To make modelling paste, add a little tylo to your fondant.
- Allow the modelling paste shapes to sit and firm up for a short time before attaching to the cake.
- If the modelling paste is sticking to your tools or mat use the FMM Dab-a-Dust.
Cut out the expression icon of your choice in yellow modelling paste. Cut out the same faces again in black, red and white modelling paste.
Allow them to dry a little, using your FMM Knife & Scriber tool cut out sections of the faces in the required colour. For example black sunglasses, white teeth, red hearts etc.
Cut out #, @ and the symbols in black, blue and red.
Push the lolly stick halfway in to the ball covered in yellow fondant. Put a little edible glue on the bottom and then push the remaining part of the lolly stick with the ball attached through the centre of the top of the cake.
Attach the Expression icon and symbols to the cake with a little water.
Cut out 2 red hearts (the second smallest one). Cut out a black circle (the largest circle), the cut it a third of the way up to make a mouth shape. Refer to photograph of cake. Attach the heart eyes and mouth to the front of the yellow ball with water.
Cut out the inscription for the cake in red and blue modelling paste and attach with water.