Make a Cute Baby Bootie
Follow these step-by-step instructions to make cute baby bootees.
Equipment you will need
- FMM Textured Lace Cutter | 2 Cutter Set
- FMM Knife & Scriber Tool
- FMM Firm Foam Former Pad
- Good quality modelling paste in the colour of your choice
- A little Royal icing
- A Brush & edible glue
- Small piece of sponge or kitchen paper
- Sharp knife
- Select modelling paste in your chosen colour and roll to a thickness of 5mm for the sole and 2mm for back and the front of the bootie.
- Using the template provided on this project sheet, trace the sole and back of the bootie and transfer on to a piece of card. Place the templates on to the previously rolled paste and cut around each using a sharp knife.
- To make the front of the bootie, first choose one of the lace designs from the FMM textured lace set and press onto the paste to emboss.
- Place the cutting piece of the textured lace set over the embossed design and cut out.
- To assemble the bootie, add edible glue around the edges of the sole and attach to the back of the bootie, add edible glue around the edge of the lace piece and attach to the front of the sole.
- Use a piece of sponge or kitchen paper to support the strap as it dries, a decorative flower or motif can also be attached to the front of the strap.
- Place on the former pad and when dry the bootie can be dusted with pearl lustre if you wish. Use a little royal icing to secure the booties to the cake.