Holly Wreath Cup Cake
Follow these step-by-step instructions to make Holly Wreath Cupcakes.
This lovely wreath would make a gorgeous Christmas table centre piece or festive gift.
Equipment you will need
- FMM Large Holly cutter
- FMM Circle Cutters | Small
- FMM Circle Cutters | Large.
- FMM Impression mat (Set 3-star design).
- FMM Bow cutter
- FMM Flute and Vein tool
- FMM Ribbon Cutter
- Rolling pin
- Non-Stick board
- A foam drying pad
- 100g (approx) White & Green Modelling paste
- A small amount of purple, blue and pink modelling paste. Silver lustre dust
- Edible glue
- 4mm edible silver pearls
- Roll out the white modelling paste until it is approximately 3mm thick
- Use the Impression mat to emboss the pattern on the surface, brush with the silver lustre dust and cut out 10 large discs. Set aside to dry on the foam pad
- Roll the green modelling paste to approximately 1-2mm thick and cut out 26 large holly leaves. Use the vein tool to score a line through the centre of each leaf
- Next, roll some pink, blue and purple modelling paste to approximately 2mm thick and cut out 3 small discs of each colour. Then fix an edible pearl at the top edge of each one with a small amount of edible glue
- Roll some purple paste to around 2mm thickness and cut out 4 bows. Use your tool to score creases in the bow to give definition
- Once the discs have dried (Leave overnight if possible) arrange the holly, baubles and bows on 8 of the large discs as shown in the picture, secure with some edible glue and place on top of the cupcakes
- For the present cupcakes, use the ribbon cutter to cut a strip 1cm in width and approximately 20cms long. Cut into quarters, arrange two at right angles on each of the final discs, trim to size and finish by placing a bow on each one, fixing in place with edible glue
- Secure all the cupcakes to your broard with a small amount of edible icing, ensuring that, even if you have to transport your wreath, it will stay in place